De : gstreamer-embedded-bounces+lathion=altern.org at lists.freedesktop.org
[mailto:gstreamer-embedded-bounces+lathion=altern.org at lists.freedesktop.org]
De la part de Stefan Sauer
Envoy? : mercredi 8 f?vrier 2012 17:28
? : gstreamer-embedded at lists.freedesktop.org
Objet : Re: Gmediarender

On 01/16/2012 10:36 PM, ML wrote:

Hello,

I would like to make a dlna renderer device using an at91sam9g20 based
board.

I?ve installed debian an gemediarender without any problem, everything works
fine except that depend on wich mp3 file I play gstreamer consume about 98%
of CPU ressources !

a dlna solution based on rygel sounds more future proof to me.

I?ve noticed that this problem append when gstreamer use fluendo mp3 decoder
(gstreamer0.10-fluendo-mp3), else if it use a different pipeline (trought
playbin) the cpu usage is about 65% wich is more acceptable (but stay quite
high), to compare if a play a mp3 file with cmus the cpu load is 10% !.

Could someone help me to solve this issue ? What can I do to minimize cpu
usage with gstreamer ??

You want to lower the the CPU usage in the mp3 deoder not in gstreamer as
you found out it is caused by the mp3 decoder. You'll need to get a mp3
decoder that performs better. Some time ago people wrote a decoder based on
libmpg123, but it is incomplete and noone ever bothered to make it mature
and submit it for inclusion with gstreamer.

Stefan

Thank you in advance for your reply !

Michael