Best way to add a filter inside PlayBin2

Hello

I am developing a frame enhancement filter for the need of a video
control application. I am developing on a OMAP4 pandabaord on ubuntu
with the Texas Instruments hardware accelerated gstreamer pipeline
(1080PPfps decode), anyhow I think my question is rather general.  I
am a beginner in gstreamer so please do not hesitate to redirect me to
the doc if my question is already answered somewhere.

My project consists in a video filter that transforms the yuv decoded
frames before being displayed (for example a sepia filter to display
frames in sepia color).

What is the best way to add my filter in the installed gstreamer
pipeline such that it becomes part of my video chain?

Please see below more details:
- I wish to use the installed and omap4 optimized gstreamer/totem
pipeline to enable full video stream
decode and display with my filter on.
- I created  a gstreamer plugin/element for my filter with the
gst-template framework, but how to make it part of GstPlayBin2?
- I looked at the pipeline graph of totem and gst-launch: they both
use the playbin2 module, and I would like to add my filter in-between
GstURIDecodeBin and GstPlaySink (input from src0 and output to
video_raw_sink  through gstinputselector). Is is possible to add and
link a new element  here without breaking the full bin? It is not
either on the input or the output of playbin2 so I do not really
understand how to just create a playbin2 element in my application and
delicately insert a new element inside...
- do I have to modify the source code of PlayBin2, add my filter,
recompile and install it on my board to have my added features
naturally enabled when I play videos? Or is it possible to tell
existing gst-launch and totem applications to add a user filter plugin
in the installed video processing?

Thanks for your help
Jacques

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Embedded]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux for ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux Media]     [Linux OMAP]     [Linux MIPS]     [ECOS]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]