Syncing in TIDmaiVideoSink

Thank you for your reply and the interesting links. I wonder why I
haven't found them with google.
BTW the decoder always buffers 1.5MB of data before decoding. But in the
case you are getting the data from a file it cannot be noticed that the
buffer is that big. I'll try to change this behavior after I have solved
the synchronization issue.

On 2011-01-31 22:33, Marco Ballesio wrote:
> In short, it is the decoder which uses -under some conditions- a
> fixed-size buffer for storing encoded data, this meaning that, in case
> of low resolutions, frame rates and -especially- bitrates it will take
> a few seconds before the video decoder emits anything. I just wonder
> if/why the element is not properly declaring its latency.

You are right the video decoder doesn't declare its latency in a correct
way. I found it yesterday while debugging and looking at the code. I
think if the latency query is correct the large buffer shouldn't be a
problem.

> Said so, a few workarounds are possible, the easiest one being an
> increase in the bitrate feeding the decoder (not possible in all the
> cases though).

Increasing the bitrate isn't possible for me. I think the only way for
me is to declare the correct latency. Curious that this haven't been
done by TI itself.

Thanks for your help,
Andreas

--
DI Andreas Auer                     aauer1 (at) gmail.com
http://about.me/Andreas.Auer

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Embedded]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux for ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux Media]     [Linux OMAP]     [Linux MIPS]     [ECOS]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]