Syncing in TIDmaiVideoSink

Hi,

this question is periodically coming to GStreamer mailing lists (I
guess it depends on the Moon phases ;) ).

I must admit I never had access to any hw using TIDmaiVideoSink but it
appears I've got lots of experience on the subject :D.

Some pointers:

http://gstreamer-devel.966125.n4.nabble.com/Video-and-Audio-sync-problem-td2322769.html

http://gstreamer-devel.966125.n4.nabble.com/long-pauses-during-rtsp-playback-td2997863.html

http://gstreamer-devel.966125.n4.nabble.com/long-pauses-when-viewing-RTSP-stream-td3001831.html

http://gstreamer-devel.966125.n4.nabble.com/Help-on-execution-speed-and-optimization-in-gst-launch-td3005694.html

... and this (which is suspiciously similar to your issue)

http://gstreamer-devel.966125.n4.nabble.com/Help-on-execution-speed-and-optimization-in-gst-launch-td3005694.html

In short, it is the decoder which uses -under some conditions- a
fixed-size buffer for storing encoded data, this meaning that, in case
of low resolutions, frame rates and -especially- bitrates it will take
a few seconds before the video decoder emits anything. I just wonder
if/why the element is not properly declaring its latency.

Said so, a few workarounds are possible, the easiest one being an
increase in the bitrate feeding the decoder (not possible in all the
cases though).

On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 10:28 AM, Andreas Auer <a.auer at zydacron.com> wrote:
..snip..
> Does anybody know if there is a patch for this problem? Why does the
> GstBaseSink believe the frames are too late. IMHO the GstBaseSink
> shouldn't take the latency of the upstream elements into account.

yes, if the upstream elements declare a proper latency. It's possibly
a bug for the decoder element, not maintained by this community
afaik.. have you considered / tried using gst-dsp instead (I don't
know whether it runs on your particular hw)?

Regards