How to Playing-Pausing-Playing a pipeline

Hi all...
I am working on a ARM video server streaming a H264 flow of data over RTP
protocol.
I am using appsrc module to inject data into the pipeline.
The server must start/stop streaming on remote-request basis; to satisfy
this request I do gst_element_set_state (pipeline, GST_STATE_PLAYING) to
start the streaming and
gst_element_set_state (pipeline, GST_STATE_PAUSED) to stop the streaming.
In other words the operation sequence is:
 - create the pipeline and set its state to GST_STATE_PAUSED;
 - wait for a StartStreaming request;
 - set the pipeline status to GST_STATE_PLAYING and begin to inject data
into the pipeline by means of push-buffer signal;
 - when a StopStreaming request arrive, set GST_STATE_PAUSED the
pipeline....
 - and so on...

The problem is that after the second StartStreaming request is received ,
all the push-buffer operations return with GST_FLOW_UNEXPECTED error.

Can someone can help me?

Thanks
Fabio