New project announcement: gst-dsp, with beagleboard demo image

On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 12:31 AM, Felipe Contreras
<felipe.contreras at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is the first public release of gst-dsp; a native GStreamer plug-in to
> access Texas Instruments' DSP algorithms for OMAP3 platforms.
>
> The code came originally from a series of TI projects: tiopenmax[1], and
> libbridge[2]. gst-dsp replaces these two layers and talks directly to the DSP
> bridge driver.
>
> The main advantages are code simplification (5k vs 50k), and better performance
> (at least 4 times less CPU usage). However, not all of the codecs have been
> implemented, only MPEG-4 and H.263 video encoders and decoders, the JPEG
> encoder, and H.264 is partially supported.
>
> Currently it's used in the Nokia N900.
>
> In order to make it easier for people to try it out, I created a demo image for
> the beagleboard with all the required components: GStreamer, gst-dsp, DSP
> public binaries, and a kernel with DSS2 and DSP bridge driver.
>
> The linux kernel (DSS2 + dspbridge) is at the v2.6.32-felipec1 tag in:
> http://gitorious.org/~felipec/linux-omap/felipec
>
> The DSP algorithms are public, and come from tiopenmax:
> https://gforge.ti.com/gf/download/frsrelease/170/1399/tiopenmax-0.3.5.tar.gz
>
> Here's the demo rootfs with the kernel image and instructions:
> http://people.freedesktop.org/~felipec/beagle-2.6.32-rc3/
>
> And here's the video showing it on action for both playback and recording:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SN-Nw_yDQUs

I removed the video because of a bug in YouTube and uploaded it again:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjxkNIHBGdI

Cheers.

--
Felipe Contreras

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Embedded]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux for ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux Media]     [Linux OMAP]     [Linux MIPS]     [ECOS]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]