audio sink plugin

Just starting to get into gstreamer so apologies if this is covered in
some FAQ. Point me at it and I'll read up offline.

I'm about to start developing an audio sink plugin to some hardware.
The examples i've found to date appear to be push-based sink plugins.

The driver to the hardware I'm interfacing to gets supplied with data via
a callback, which would seem to be best supported by a pull-based audio
sink plugin.

So should I have a couple of frames of buffering and go for a push-based
plugin, or attempt a pull-based one (presumably with a queue just before
the sink?).

Pro's and cons please?

Thanks in advance.

Ian

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Embedded]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux for ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux Media]     [Linux OMAP]     [Linux MIPS]     [ECOS]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]