How to use DSP in gstreamer

Zhao Liang-E3423C wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> On embedded device, DSP is used widely, many DSPs have different
> features, for example:
>
> 1. decoder
> DSP is just a hardware decoder
> 2. decoder + sink
> DSP is a decoder plus sink, it can directly accept encoded data, and
> then decode it and render pcm data into audio device directly.

creating a sink with right caps should be enough for this one...

Zhao Liang:  By my experience, it is not simple like just adding a new
caps.
		Just  a example, how to handle preroll? Generally, dsp
need to do initialization when start to work, so what is the time to do
this?
		another issue is seek, how does DSP handle seek?

> 3. A/V sync
> DSP can do A/V sync internally or not.

then you can ask basesink not to synchronize flows.

Zhao Liang: If DSP is just a video decoder and sink, how does DSP sync
with audio sink? maybe current basesink considers more software sink
than hardware sink.

> There may be more features i don't list. For these features, how can
> we implement them by gstreamer?
>
> For case 1, I think it is esay to do by gstreamer, but for each 2 and
> 3, it seems gstreamer has no available resources to define these
> application. So I think we can discuss these topics and find a good
> solution.
>
> BTW, I find a project in gst - "gst-openmax", it is using openmax as
> low level implementation, but it also has some limitation, for
> example, no solution for case 2, and we must have openmax
> implementation for special DSP firstly.
>
> I hope we can have top level solution for DSP in despite of the low
> level implementation, just link gstbasesink virtual class, but all
> interfaces or virtual functions are defined to handle all the use
cases.

--
Benoit Fouet
Purple Labs S.A.

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Embedded]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux for ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux Media]     [Linux OMAP]     [Linux MIPS]     [ECOS]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]