Re: Addition of config USB_HSIC_USB3613 soon?

On Wed, Dec 22, 2021 at 10:54:41AM +0100, Lukas Bulwahn wrote:
> Dear Vaibhav, dear Johan, dear Alex, dear Greg,
>
> I have seen that the greybus arche driver has been under heavy
> development in 2016 and 2017 with some further clean-up in 2019.
>
> However, so far, the config GREYBUS_ARCHE for this driver still
> depends on the out-of-tree config USB_HSIC_USB3613, with a proper
> exception made for compile testing (with COMPILE_TEST).
>
> Will this USB_HSIC_USB3613 config and driver still be added in the
> mainline kernel in the near future, so that the config dependencies
> are consistent in mainline?

Do you have this hardware?  If so, we can add the driver, but given that
I did not think the chip ever actually shipped, it didn't make much
sense.

> Or, are the further out-of-tree additions still maintained for the
> current kernel and will stay out of tree? Is this arche driver not
> needed anymore and can be dropped?

Do you want to drop it as it is causing problems for you?  It's a good
example driver for those wanting to create a greybus host controller
driver so it's nice to have in the tree, unless you have a different one
that should be merged instead?

thanks,

greg k-h