Re: New Development

On 12/05/2016 09:41 AM, Greg KH wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 05, 2016 at 03:29:43PM +0000, Bryan O'Donoghue wrote:
>> On 05/12/16 15:20, Jim Wylder wrote:
>>> Unipro is quite capable of using i2c as a control path,  but the ARM
>>> processor on the TSB doesn't have enough power gates.  We have to
>>> completely power off the TSB to meet current drain targets for idle
>>> state.
>>>
>>> We do not currently have a gbsim.
>>>
>>> Jim
>>
>> I guess another approach to take is to start to cherry-pick the Moto Z
>> patches and
>>
>> 1. Ensure they don't break what we have upstream
>> 2. Try to add parallel support to gbsim to validate them
>> 3. The spec would definitely need some hand-holding (alot of) hand
>>    holding
>>
>> If we try to take the Moto Z sources in - the Greybus spec should
>> reflect the integrated set ... after all a formal spec is a good thing.
>
> I agree.
>
> I want to bump the spec version number soon to make it a "released"
> spec, but I worry about this merge.  Should I just cut what we have
> today in the spec as a 1.0, and then we work to make the merge "2.0" to
> allow everyone to work together better?

I think this is as good an idea as any.  Now that it's licensed, maybe
that can mark the turning point that makes us stamp version 1.0 of the
spec.  It's not going to perfectly match the code, but at this point
there's no value in making that happen.

So unless someone else objects, I think we ought to do this.  Just
say "1.0 is done; onward."

					-Alex