Re: New Development

On 05/12/16 15:41, Greg KH wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 05, 2016 at 03:29:43PM +0000, Bryan O'Donoghue wrote:
>> On 05/12/16 15:20, Jim Wylder wrote:
>>> Unipro is quite capable of using i2c as a control path,  but the ARM
>>> processor on the TSB doesn't have enough power gates.  We have to
>>> completely power off the TSB to meet current drain targets for idle
>>> state.
>>>
>>> We do not currently have a gbsim.
>>>
>>> Jim
>>
>> I guess another approach to take is to start to cherry-pick the Moto Z
>> patches and
>>
>> 1. Ensure they don't break what we have upstream
>> 2. Try to add parallel support to gbsim to validate them
>> 3. The spec would definitely need some hand-holding (alot of) hand
>>    holding
>>
>> If we try to take the Moto Z sources in - the Greybus spec should
>> reflect the integrated set ... after all a formal spec is a good thing.
>
> I agree.
>
> I want to bump the spec version number soon to make it a "released"
> spec, but I worry about this merge.  Should I just cut what we have
> today in the spec as a 1.0, and then we work to make the merge "2.0" to
> allow everyone to work together better?

Seems like the right way to do it from my POV anyway. It makes sense to
baseline on a V1 and then go a munge together a V2.

I'm not sure how everybody else feels about taking in the Moto Z stuff
but, it seems to me as if its the best fit for adding different
transport layers while continuing to support UniPro anyway...

> Oh, and for those that might have missed it, we now have a proper
> license for the spec and implementing the spec, so everyone should be
> happy:
> 	https://github.com/projectara/greybus-spec/commit/7c76600bcbc372e35d1f654c121745aa332c7b09

can't have been easy getting all that legalese done officially

---
bod