Re: gpm2 published

* Nico Schottelius <nico-gpm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

> I'm having my crazy day and thought it would be interesting and
> helpful to rewrite gpm:
>
>     http://www.nico.schottelius.org/blog/gpm2-published/

ACK. Splitting off the whole thing into several small deamons IMHO
is a good idea.

My proposal (posted a while ago) is to define a 9P-based (and so OS
and network transparent) interface for all mouse-alike devices
(including joysticks, radar scanners, etc). Each driver will be an
tiny fileserver exporting that interface. Things like multiplexing
or translations will be done in separate servers.

cu