Re: socklen_t handling

* Mike Frysinger <vapier@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> i dont see how you could make a check that would automatically stay
> conformant to a standard ?  if the system does not define socklen_t,
> then there is no way for us to know what an appropriate size is.
> we have to default to what the standard says.

No (IMHO), if this type is missing, the target has no sane
BSD-socket interface -> fail would be the right answer.

BTW: I'm currently developing an package which provides pkg-config
descriptors for base libraries. Platform specific workarounds then
should *only* live here.

svn://svn.metux.de/public/stdc-pkgconfig/

cu