Getting wheel events working again

Hello,

first of all, GPM is a great piece of software.
I think it is very useful for specific applications e.g. audio non-graphical applications.

However, it is a concern that it does not apparently support the wheel of wheel mice. Most of the available product now is the 3 button wheel mouse type e.g. MS basic mouse, or various Logitech devices.

I think it is important to get the "wheel" patch working again.

I am prepared to do some software work to assist, but would like some advice, as follows:-

- why are there 3 patches in gpm/patches/todo/imwheel ?
- is one of them preferred?

- does the git repository have all the history of the project?
I'm not a git expert, but it seems to me that the history of the project has been collapsed.

- does anyone have the earlier CVS or SVN repository, to be able to view 1.19.3 ?
  that version seems to be the basis for the imwheel patches

- should all future work go to GPM2, or is GPM to be continued in parallel?

thank you,

begin:vcard
fn:Rodney Berriman
n:Berriman;Rodney
org:Cleveland & Associates
adr:;;Leichhardt;Sydney;NSW;2040;Australia
email;internet:rod@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
title:Technical Consultant
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:http://www.optimail.com.au