Re: serial mouse in X won't paste (update)

--- UPDATE ---

I never actually checked if the type for the serial mouse with gpm would
be the same as the type for XFree86. Well guess what... for gpm it is ms,
but for XFree86 it is MouseSystems! So setting the repeater type to msc
instead of ms/ms3 and adjusting the settings in /etc/X11/XF86Config-4
accordingly, I can now paste again in X. Praise the lord for mdetect.

--- ISSUE RESOLVED ---

I can paste with the middle button just fine in the console. Also, from
the help on mousetypes:

ms                 - For Microsoft mice (2 or 3 buttons). Some old 2
button mice send some spurious packets, which can be misunderstood as
middle-button events. If this is happens to you, use the 'bare' mouse type.

However, I will try what you suggest anyway. From the help option it would
appear that ms3 is for MS Intellimouse btw.

Thank you for your reaction.

Arjen