Re: alps touchpad

On Thu, 10 Apr 2003 andrea.dieni@xxxxxx wrote:

> Any suggestion to make the synaptics driver work with alps touchpad?
> thank you.

I made a very quick hack of the synaptics drivers (90% of the code is
identical) I havent tryed it, but add the alps.c to the makefile and add
the following to mice.c:

  {"alps2", "ALPS PS2 GlidePoint",
           "glidepoint_ps2", alps_process_ps2_data, alps_ps2_init,
            STD_FLG, {0xff, 0xff, 0x00, 0x00}, 6, 1, 0, 0, 0},

The configfile is gpm-alps.conf and you should have all the options of the
synaptics, execpt multi fingers/stick/palm.

As I had no information about the alps I found an old patch from Bill
Allombert and addapted.

Peter
--
E-Mail:       pebl@xxxxxxxxxx
Real name:    Peter Berg Larsen

#ifndef _ALPS_H_
#define _ALPS_H_

/*
** alps_process_ps2_data
**
** Process the touchpad 6 byte data.
*/
void alps_process_ps2_data (Gpm_Event *state,
			    unsigned char *data);

/*
** alps_ps2_init
**
** Initialize the synaptics touchpad.  Read model and identification.
** Determine the size of the touchpad in "pixels".  Select 6 byte packets,
** and select high packet rate.
*/
void alps_ps2_init (int fd);

/*
** alps_ps2_reset
**
** Reset the synaptics touchpad. Touchpad ends in relative mode.
*/
void alps_ps2_reset (int fd);

#endif