alps touchpad

I have an alps touchpad with 2 buttons on my notebook,
and I've found that only with synaptics touchpad you can have the side scroll
function.(porcapupazza!)
Any suggestion to make the synaptics driver work with alps touchpad?
thank you.

andrea

p.s. this is my last try before sending my wishlist to Santa.
My wishlist:
1. I want a driver to get the side scroll function available with an alps
touchpad.

2. I want a driver to get the side scroll function available with an alps
touchpad.

3. I want a driver to get the side scroll function available with an alps
touchpad.

and so on........