Re: gpm

On Sun, 8 Dec 2002, Sam Halliday wrote:

>> > I had the same problem also. I've made a patch also, but not yet
>> > accepted. You can find it in the archive. Should help.
>> i will look for it!
>i am afriad this patch did not work... when i switched from to the console i got
>*** err [mice.c(1908)]: imps2: PS/2 mouse failed (3 button) init
>*** err [mice.c(1908)]: imps2: PS/2 mouse failed (3 button) init

Hmm. You could try two things:

In principle can be possible, that the mouse speaks during the initialisation
resulting init. fail.
Since my mouse never done that, i cannot write a code that fully aware of
this matter. Maybe, you should try first issue a GPM_EXT_DISABLE_DEV in
basic_init[], and then just before quitting an ENABLE_DEV.
(disable dev turns stream-mode off and on)

Or as a quick and dirty way,
You can try to remove, the exps2 init from imps2 by removing this block:
if (id == GPM_AUX_ID_IMPS2) {
}
This may help.

Cheers,
--
Cserveny Tamas

A só olyan fűszer, ami minden olyan ételt elront, amiből hiányzik.