Re: Re: report

I seems to miss halv the conversation?

On Fri, 8 Nov 2002, Alessandro Rubini wrote:

> > I didn't really mean they implement gpm, but mice drivers.
>
> To my knowledge (not being a 2.5 user, yet), the kernel does what
> it ought to do with usb stuff. Serial and ps2 is passed to user space
> as usual.

Actually no. There is no way in the current 2.5.* kernel for a userprogram
to write to the auxport. The psaux is the same as the device/handler
mousedev.c. Mousedev.c simulates a mouse state, and every write is
responeded to as if a mouse was in that state. It never actually writes to
the auxport. (It further checks for intelli enabling sequencies and
change the mousedev state accordinally)

That's why so many people reports that their touchpad doesnt work with gpm
(because it doesnt:)

> > (public pgp key: ftp.schottelius.org/pub/familiy/nico/pgp-key)
> didn't schottelius.org die?

I thought so too.

Peter
--