Re: ALPS driver?

Hi,

I've been playing with the new linux kernel 2.5 input system a bit. I
added a driver based on the patch listed a long time ago. If anyone
has an idea of how to detect if the device is the ALPS pad, it would
be very helpful. Does anyone have any documentation on it?

What will happen is that GPM will use the input event mechinism. It
will receive the absolute positioning of the finger, and GPM will have
to translate them into relative motions. It also sends the right and
left mouse buttons.

I think that it will send a BTN_TOUCH event when the pad reports a
touch and a BTN_DRAG when it receives a drag event. These could be
ignored by the gpm if gpm choses to calculate these things from the
three absolute positions (X, Y, pressure).

-Nathan

--
Nathan J. Conrad    (919) 929-6413   http://bungled.net
101 Cynthia Drive / Chapel Hill, NC 27514-6614