Blocking SimleOPAL spam calls

Hi,

it seems a new spam bot is around, that uses the SimpleOPAL tool.

If your endpoints are registered to GnuGk, they won't ring on a spam
call, but if you have a gateway into the telephone network or have a
CatchAll policy configured like it have on gnugk.org to send all calls
the demo of my IVR product, then these calls can be distracting and
potentially expensive.

To block these calls, I'd suggest extending the LuaAuth spam pattern:

[LuaAuth]
CallScript=if (string.find(vendor, "MERA RTU") or string.find(srcInfo, "cisco") or string.find(vendor, "SimpleOPAL")) then result = "Fail"; else result = "OK"; end

You could also block the bot by the rather unusual codecs they offer,
but for now blocking by vendor name name is probably enough.

Regards,
Jan

--
Jan Willamowius, Founder of the GNU Gatekeeper Project
EMail  : jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Relaxed Communications GmbH
Frahmredder 91, 22393 Hamburg, Germany
Geschäftsführer: Jan Willamowius