Compiling GnuGk on recent Unix distributions

Hi!

Many of the recent Linux and *BSD distributions move away from GCC 4
and now use GCC 5.x, 6x or clang. I have updated GnuGk to compile with
all these.

The bigger problem is PTLib: The recommended version 2.10.9 has issues
with GCC 5 and 6 and newer versions keep changing the API and are not
fully compatible with GnuGk and H323Plus.

I have uploaded a slightly patched version of PTLib that works with all
supported compilers and also fixes the issue with bison:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/openh323gk/files/ptlib-2.10.9-gnugk-patch1.tar.gz

Now you can use either one of these compilers for GnuGk:
- GCC 3.x to 6.x
- Intel's C++ Compiler 16.x
- clang++ 3.0 to 3.8

You'll find the updated compile instructions here:
http://www.gnugk.org/compiling-gnugk.html
http://www.gnugk.org/gnugk-manual-14.html#ss14.1

Regards,
Jan

--
Jan Willamowius, Founder of the GNU Gatekeeper Project
EMail  : jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Relaxed Communications GmbH
Frahmredder 91
22393 Hamburg