Re: LDAP to query Active Directory?

Hi,

I have to correct myself on this one:
StartTLS for LDAP is available starting with PTLib 2.10.6, so you'll
have it available when you compile with the recommended version 2.10.9
(and its available in the 4.0 Beta binaries I just published).

Regards,
Jan

Jan Willamowius wrote:
> Unfortunately both sections are still correct:
> PTLib 2.10.9 is still the recommended version for regular use.
> But if you need some features (IPv6 on BSD or Windows or StartTLS with
> LDAP) then you have to use 2.11.0. But 2.11.0 was never released and
> you have to extract it by date.
>
> See http://www.gnugk.org/compiling-gnugk.html
>
> Regards,
> Jan
>
> --
> Jan Willamowius, Founder of the GNU Gatekeeper Project
> EMail  : jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Website: http://www.gnugk.org
> Support: http://www.willamowius.com/gnugk-support.html
>
> Relaxed Communications GmbH
> Frahmredder 91
> 22393 Hamburg
> Geschäftsführer: Jan Willamowius
> HRB 125261 (Amtsgericht Hamburg)
> USt-IdNr: DE286003584
>

> Robert Kulagowski wrote:
> > This section:
> > http://www.gnugk.org/gnugk-manual-8.html#ldapsettings
> >
> > states that ptlib 2.11.0 or higher is required for starttls support.
> > The compile instructions
> >
> > http://www.gnugk.org/gnugk-manual-14.html
> >
> > still say to use 2.10.9
> >
> > Does section 14 need an update? We're still not supposed to use ptlib
> > cvs, correct? Which specific version of ptlib 2.11 is recommended?

Full-scale, agent-less Infrastructure Monitoring from a single dashboard
Integrate with 40+ ManageEngine ITSM Solutions for complete visibility
Physical-Virtual-Cloud Infrastructure monitoring from one console
Real user monitoring with APM Insights and performance trend reports
Learn More http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=247754911&iu=/4140