Re: SimpleAuth for Registration

Hi,

your config snippet looks OK, but there are a few general things to
note:

Only checking RRQs will serve the purpose to avoid accidental
registrations, but if you allow unregistered calls
(AcceptUnregisteredCalls=1), everybody can still make calls, simply by
not registering anymore.

There are a lot of interoperability issues between different vendor
implementations of H.235.1 (the spec that specifies password
authentication). I'm working to add code to GnuGk to a.) implement the
spec properly and b.) add switches to deal with the various bugs in
vendor implementations, but thats a very slow moving process.

Regards,
Jan

--
Jan Willamowius, Founder of the GNU Gatekeeper Project
EMail  : jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Relaxed Communications GmbH
Frahmredder 91
22393 Hamburg