Re: Alternate Gatekeeper dropping calls on main site

Hi Mark,

it sounds a bit like you are misusing the alternate gatekeeper
concept to allow calls between your two sites while you should make
those two gatekeepers neighbors. Alternates are meant as 'backup' if
one of them isn't reachable.

Also, I would suggest to stop forwarding RAS messages between the
two gatekeepers. Endpoints will connect to the alternate gatekeeper
automatically if the primary gatekeeper goes down.

Lastly, you should either configure GnuGk to use routed mode
(GKRouted=1) or remove all those config switches referring to features
that only exist in routed mode.

Regards,
Jan

--
Jan Willamowius, Founder of the GNU Gatekeeper Project
EMail  : jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Relaxed Communications GmbH
Frahmredder 91
22393 Hamburg
Geschäftsführer: Jan Willamowius
HRB 125261 (Amtsgericht Hamburg)
USt-IdNr: DE286003584

Helie, Mark (UK) wrote:
> Using GnuGk 2.2.6, although issue also occurs on GnuGK 3.2
> We have 2 sites that are usually networked together over a link;  when the sites are connected, then inter-site voice comms can be required. To this end we have a GNU Gatekeeper in each site, with the Gatekeeper in the other site specified as an alternate ; thus the Gatekeeper on one site will know about all the endpoints registered on the other site, enabling calls to go between them.
>
> For reasons currently outside of our control, the inter-site link has recently become somewhat unreliable (sinking messages etc). We are finding that the "alternate" Gatekeeper can  send URQ messages direct to the "main" site's endpoints, causing the relevant calls to be temporally dropped ; as each Gatekeeper knows about all the endpoints on the other site, the dropped calls can be just between endpoints on the 1 site.
>  Experiments on a test platform have shown that if an "alternate" Gatekeeper is actually shut-down then all the endpoints on the "main" site have URQs sent to them.
>
>   Can you advise on any setup errors in the 2 Gatekeeper.ini files that might cause the problem, cut & pasted below, any help would be appreciated.
>
> ===========================================================================================================
> [Gatekeeper::Main]
> Fourtytwo=42
> Name=OpenH323GK_C
> Home=192.168.1.1
> TimeToLive=60
> AlternateGKs=192.169.1.1:1719:false:120:OpenH323GK_D
> Sendto=192.169.1.1:1719
> EndpointIDSuffix=_gk1
> SkipForwards=192.169.1.1
>
> [LogFile]
> Filename="C:\\progra~1\\mcts\\log\\VoiceC~1\\GateKeeper\\gk_log.txt"
> Rotate=Daily
> RotateTime=02:00
>
> [RoutedMode]
> GKRouted=0
> H245Routed=0
> CallSignalPort=1721
> CallSignalHandlerNumber=20
> RtpHandlerNumber=10
> RemoveH245AddressOnTunneling=0
> AcceptNeighborsCalls=1
> AcceptUnregisteredCalls=1
> SupportNATedEndpoints=1
> DropCallsByReleaseComplete=1
> ConnectTimeout=30
>
> [RasSrv::ARQFeatures]
> ArjReasonRouteCallToSCN=0
> ArjReasonRouteCallToGatekeeper=1
> CallUnregisteredEndpoints=1
> RemoveTrailingChar=#
>
> [RasSrv::RRQAuth]
> default=confirm
>
> [GkStatus::Auth]
> rule=allow
>
> [Gatekeeper::Auth]
> default=allow
>
> [CTI::Agents]
> VirtualQueue=CC
> CTI_Timeout=120
> [...]

Own the Future-Intel® Level Up Game Demo Contest 2013