Alternate Gatekeeper dropping calls on main site

Using GnuGk 2.2.6, although issue also occurs on GnuGK 3.2

We have 2 sites that are usually networked together over a link;  when the sites are connected, then inter-site voice comms can be required. To this end we have a GNU Gatekeeper in each site, with the Gatekeeper in the other site specified as an alternate ; thus the Gatekeeper on one site will know about all the endpoints registered on the other site, enabling calls to go between them.

For reasons currently outside of our control, the inter-site link has recently become somewhat unreliable (sinking messages etc). We are finding that the “alternate” Gatekeeper can  send URQ messages direct to the “main” site’s endpoints, causing the relevant calls to be temporally dropped ; as each Gatekeeper knows about all the endpoints on the other site, the dropped calls can be just between endpoints on the 1 site.

 Experiments on a test platform have shown that if an “alternate” Gatekeeper is actually shut-down then all the endpoints on the “main” site have URQs sent to them.

  Can you advise on any setup errors in the 2 Gatekeeper.ini files that might cause the problem, cut & pasted below, any help would be appreciated.

===========================================================================================================

[Gatekeeper::Main]

Fourtytwo=42

Name=OpenH323GK_C

Home=192.168.1.1

TimeToLive=60

AlternateGKs=192.169.1.1:1719:false:120:OpenH323GK_D

Sendto=192.169.1.1:1719

EndpointIDSuffix=_gk1

SkipForwards=192.169.1.1

[LogFile]

Filename="C:\\progra~1\\mcts\\log\\VoiceC~1\\GateKeeper\\gk_log.txt"

Rotate=Daily

RotateTime=02:00

[RoutedMode]

GKRouted=0

H245Routed=0

CallSignalPort=1721

CallSignalHandlerNumber=20

RtpHandlerNumber=10

RemoveH245AddressOnTunneling=0

AcceptNeighborsCalls=1

AcceptUnregisteredCalls=1

SupportNATedEndpoints=1

DropCallsByReleaseComplete=1

ConnectTimeout=30

[RasSrv::ARQFeatures]

ArjReasonRouteCallToSCN=0

ArjReasonRouteCallToGatekeeper=1

CallUnregisteredEndpoints=1

RemoveTrailingChar=#

[RasSrv::RRQAuth]

default=confirm

[GkStatus::Auth]

rule=allow

[Gatekeeper::Auth]

default=allow

[CTI::Agents]

VirtualQueue=CC

CTI_Timeout=120

=======================================================================================================================================================

[Gatekeeper::Main]

Fourtytwo=42

Name=OpenH323GK_D

Home=192.169.1.1

TimeToLive=60

AlternateGKs=192.168.1.1:1719:false:120:OpenH323GK_C

Sendto=192.168.1.1:1719

EndpointIDSuffix=_gk2

SkipForwards=192.168.1.1

[...]

Sent by BAE Systems plc or a member of the BAE Systems group of companies
BAE Systems plc
A company registered in England and Wales  Company Number 1470151
Registered Office: 6 Carlton Gardens, London SW1Y 5AD, United Kingdom

Everyone hates slow websites. So do we.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/appdyn_d2d_mar