From: Jan Willamowius
Sent: Thursday, March 21, 2013 6:18 PM
To: openh323gk-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re:  connection with local and external

Hi,

to tunnel calls reliably through firewalls, you should be using a NAT
traversal protocol, like H.460.18 (and you will need 2 gatekeepers as
traversal servers to get through2 firewalls). GnuGk has it build in and
your endpoints probably do, too.

The ExternalIP= switch is useful in configurations with port
forwarding, but those are very hard to configure correctly and usually
have some limitations. My advice would be to avoid port forwarding if
possible.

BTW: Only having the 'explicit' routing policy enabled, will only
allow you to do IP dialing which takes away much of the fun of having a
gatekeeper.

Regards,
Jan

--
Jan Willamowius, Founder of the GNU Gatekeeper Project
EMail  : jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Relaxed Communications GmbH
Frahmredder 91
22393 Hamburg
Geschäftsführer: Jan Willamowius
HRB 125261 (Amtsgericht Hamburg)
USt-IdNr: DE286003584

leogroot024@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi,
> I have trouble to connect to 2 systems with the same configuration. if got
> i only working with an little change
>
> situation 1, external
> 10.62.18.12 -> firewall -> gnugk -> firewall -> 212.46.129.165
> connecting with 212.46.129.165 is working with the following
> configuration:
>
> [Gatekeeper::Main]
> ExternalIP=<removed for security>
> TraceLevel=2
>
> [RoutedMode]
> GKRouted=1
> AcceptUnregisteredCalls=1
> CallSignalPort=1720
> Q931PortRange=30000-30999
> H245PortRange=31000-31999
>
> [RoutingPolicy]
> default=explicit
>
> [Proxy]
> Enable=1
> InternalNetwork=10.0.0.0/8
> T120PortRange=50000-59999
> RTPPortRange=50000-59999
>
> [LogFile]
> Rotate=Daily
> RotateTime=00:00
>
> situation 2, local
> 10.62.18.12 -> 10.62.18.9
> connecting with 10.62.18.9 is only working with the following change:
>
> GKRouted=0
>
> how can both situations working in 1 configuration?
>
> Best regards,

Everyone hates slow websites. So do we.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/appdyn_d2d_mar