Re: Calls to Public IP addresses from a TraversalClient

Hi Sebastien,

sending IP calls through a traversal server works, but you have to make
sure the internal gatekeeper has the 'explicit' policy _after_ the
'neighbor' policy. Otherwise it will try to handle all IP calls by
itself (which is bound to fail).

You should also include the SendIPs= switch in the [Neighbor::]
section to configure which IP ranges you want to send through the
traversal zone.

Regards,
Jan

--
Jan Willamowius, Founder of the GNU Gatekeeper Project
EMail  : jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Relaxed Communications GmbH
Frahmredder 91
22393 Hamburg
Geschäftsführer: Jan Willamowius
HRB 125261 (Amtsgericht Hamburg)
USt-IdNr: DE286003584

Sébastien Bonnaire wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In my configuration, i've got the following :
> Endpoint ---> Tandberg VCS ---(H460.18)---> GNUGK Traversal Server --->
> public IP Address
>
> The GNUGK version is 3.1.0, the same problem appears in 3.2.0 version.
> The GNUGK configuration is the following :
>
> [RoutingPolicy]
> default=internal,explicit,neighbor,dns
>
> [RasSrv::Neighbors]
> GKinternal=Generic
>
> [Neighbor::GKinternal]
> GatekeeperIdentifier=GKinternal
> Host=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
> Dynamic=1
> AcceptPrefixes=*
> H46018Client=0
> H46018Server=1
> AuthUser=intgk
> ;Password=intgk
>
> First of all, i should disable password for the H.460.18 connection because
> the VCS do not send authentication within the LRQ.
> Then, i was able to do outgoing calls to public IP address (to a codian MCU
> or a regular Endpoint), but some services are not accepting my calls. This
> problem is not appearing on the endpoint locally registered to GNUGK.
>
> After a search into logs and Tcpdump, i was able to find the problem :
> - the RoutingPolicy used for any call to a public IP address from the GNUGK
> is "explicit" => that's what i was expecting
> - the RoutingPolicy used for any call to a public IP address from my VCS is
> "dns" => that's a surprise
>    => when looking at the Tcpdump trace i can see the setup going out with
> an H323-ID destinationinfo set to "ip$yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy:1720" which seams to
> be refused by the remote party.
>
> Would you be kind enough to tell me if i can tweak my configuration to
> remove this H323-ID for this particular destination ?
>
> Best regards,

Everyone hates slow websites. So do we.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/appdyn_d2d_mar