Simple Proxy for a Linux NAT Box

Hello,

We have a Linux box acting as our main gateway, with our local LAN natted, and GnuGK running on the Linux box.

We pretend to use GnuGk as a H.323 proxy for our Polycom ViewStation FX 512 MP, which is already registered at GnuGk.

The idea is to replace our h.323 netfilter (buggy) module to let the Polycom traverse the nat box, allowing inbound and outbound videoconference calls.

We have tested outbound calls succesfully, but cannot receive inbound calls. Or so we think.

Maybe we didn't understand how inbound calls work?. We would to accept any inbound call, without the need registering the external VC at the gatekeeper.

Is this possible?. How may we dial from outside to reach the internal VC?. May we use its internal h323_ID to reach it?. How?.

Thank you, and excuse so many questions. I know I need more manual/tutorial readings.
--

Miguel A. Novo
Director Técnico de ISIS