Re: RouteRequest message... (bug?)

Hi Marvin,

I think in another mail you mentioned that you are using an old
version of GnuGk. The vendor string was added in 2.3.3, so make sure
you have a recent version if you need the vendor string.

BTW: This is a good example why you want to write code that will check
only for the minimum number of parameters in each message. There may
be more parameters in future versions of gnuGk. Make sure your status
port application doesn't break with additional parameters.

Regards,
Jan

Marvin Herbold wrote:
> Hey all,
>

> I'm making great progress in getting our call center working.
>

> Right now I am writing the code to process the RouteRequest message.  I am
> parsing the message and notice something strange.  According to the docs,
> the message is supposed to consist of 9 parameters separated by the pipe (|)
> with the last one being VendorString, and the whole message is terminated by
> a semicolon (;).  The 2nd and 8th parameters are in 2 parts, separated by a
> colon (:) however I do notice that the 6th parameter (the CallerAlias) seems
> to also be in 2 parts separated by a colon (Alias Name & Alias Type?)
>

> The issue I am having is that instead of 9 parameters separated by the pipe
> I am getting only 8.  VendorString (the last parameter) seems to be missing
> for me, there are only 7 pipes in the RouteRequest string I am getting, not
> 8 as there should be.
>

> This is the RouteRequest message I am getting (I x'ed out the public ip
> address for the CalledIP:Port parameter (note there is no port component, it
> is not in the message, but that isn't causing me problems):
>

> RouteRequest|10.1.10.101:30005|unregistered|29116||Marvin:h323_ID|4c-b2-06-d
> b-c9-05-19-10-9a-ab-00-24-36-b1-bd-dc|xxx.xx.xxx.xx;
>

> Thanks for any help / insight!
>

> Marvin

of a cloud services business. Read Now!
http://www.accelacomm.com/jaw/sfnl/114/51491232/