connect time delay

Hi.
    I've got strange problem. Every call is connecting over two gnugk.
Approximately, every tenth call have same setuptime on both gnugk, but
connecttime is different (over 3 seconds delay in second gnugk). We
think it causes problems with audibility between caller and calling at
the beginning of call.
    I try to make tcpdump and gnugk log - trace level 6 in gnugk
server.  Difference between connect times in tcpdump and gnugk logs  in
delayed call is about two seconds. I can't find reason of this delay.

    Have you ever heard about this problem?

Thanks.
           Regards,
             Miroslav