Re: authentication problems

Hi Petr,

take a look at SQLAuth. I'm pretty sure it will do all you need.
RadAuth should work, too.

Regards,
Jan

--
Jan Willamowius, Founder of the GNU Gatekeeper Project
EMail  : jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Petr Holub wrote:
> Hi Jan,
>
> > the first issue is probably a misunderstanding what the prefixes in
> > the FileIPAuth rules mean and I have clarified that in the CVS manual a
> > minute ago:
> >
> > The prefixes specify the destination numbers an endpoint with that IP
> > may call and are only checked in Setup messages. The prefixes _do_not_
> > restrict the aliases the endpoint can register with.
>
> OK, got the point. However, is there some way to limit registrations
> then? I don't want the endpoints to register with arbitrary numbers.
> I have this capability for aliases in [RasSrv::RRQAuth] section,
> but is there any way to use this for the numbers?
>
> > Your 2nd issue is caused by the fact that GnuGk can only see the IP of
> > the immediate next endpoint/neighbor sending the call. There is no way
> > to check if that call really originates at that endpoint.
> > If you neighbor may call that destination, then anybody who may route
> > calls through your neighbor may also call that destination.
>
> I've temporarily solved the problem by removing the most painful
> numbers from the AcceptedPrefixes list in the [Neighbor::...]
> configuration. But this solution is very coarse and doesn't suit
> my needs completely. Even if originating IP addresses are not
> available (I've already found that from packet sniffing), I'd
> like to filter at least based on source numbers - those seem to
> be present in RasMessage->admissionRequest->srcInfo->dialedDigits
> (semantics based on Wireshark). We have this capability for aliases
> in the [PrefixAuth], but would it be possible to make it work also
> for numbers?
>
> Thanks a lot!
> Petr

10 Tips for Better Web Security
Learn 10 ways to better secure your business today. Topics covered include:
Web security, SSL, hacker attacks & Denial of Service (DoS), private keys,
security Microsoft Exchange, secure Instant Messaging, and much more.
http://www.accelacomm.com/jaw/sfnl/114/51426210/