From: Jan Willamowius [mailto:jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 13 April 2011 20:48
To: openh323gk-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re:  Registering GnuGK as an Endpoint to a
Tandberg Border Controller

Hi Florian,

it is a feature I'd love to add, but its quite big, so we'll definitely need
a commercial sponsor for it.

Regards,
Jan

Florian von Kurnatowski wrote:
> Hi Jan,
>
> thanks for your reply and sorry for my late followup. Is this something
that is planned for a future release and, if not, would you expect the
addition of such functionality to be a major project?

> Best,
> Florian.
>

> On 08.04.2011, at 22:04, Jan Willamowius wrote:
>
> > Hi Florian,
> >
> > GnuGk can act as a H.460.18 server, but currently not as a H.460.18
> > endpoint.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Jan
> >
> > --
> > Jan Willamowius, jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, http://www.gnugk.org/
> >

> > Florian von Kurnatowski wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I am trying to register a GnuGK instance to a Tandberg Border
Controller as an Endpoint; the plan is for this to act as a proxy into a
larger partner installation.

> >> I have set this up as:
> >>
> >> [Endpoint]
> >> Gatekeeper=192.168.1.31
> >> Type=Terminal
> >> H323ID=MyGate
> >> E164=496912345
> >> Password=
> >>
> >> I do get, however, a reject from the BC:
> >>
> >> gatekeeperReject {
> >>    requestSeqNum = 1
> >>    protocolIdentifier = 0.0.8.2250.0.5
> >>    rejectReason = neededFeatureNotSupported <<null>>  }
> >>
> >> Now, checking the documentation of the BC, I find this statement:

TANDBERG Border Controller. All other

> >> So it seems that GnuGK is not using and/or advertising either the
Tandberg ASSENT protocol or H.460.18 during registration.

> >> Is there any way this can be enabled or is there any other way to get
this setup working w/o changing the config of the Border Controller?

> >> Thanks in advance,
> >> Florian.

Forrester Wave Report - Recovery time is now measured in hours and minutes
not days. Key insights are discussed in the 2010 Forrester Wave Report as
part of an in-depth evaluation of disaster recovery service providers.
Forrester found the best-in-class provider in terms of services and vision.
Read this report now!  http://p.sf.net/sfu/ibm-webcastpromo