Re: Problem with SQL password authentication - GnuGK 2.3.4

Hi Lukasz,

the way database drivers are loaded has changed since 2.2.5. You might
have to add the path to add a Library= switch to point to mysql.dll
http://www.gnugk.org/gnugk-manual-4.html#ss4.3

To see more what goes wrong in your Windows service, activate tracing
with

[Gatekeeper::Main]
TraceLevel=3

[LogFile]
Filename=c:/temp/gnugk.log

The trace log will contain an error message if the database DLL can't
be found or what else might have gone wrong.

Regards,
Jan

Åukasz Czekierda wrote:

> Dear GnuGK Team Members,
>
> I have experienced problems with SQL password authentication in the
> 2.3.4 version of GnuGK (windows XP).
> (Gatekeeper(GNU) Version(2.3.4)
> Ext(pthreads=0,radius=1,mysql=1,pgsql=1,firebird=1,odbc=1,sqlite=1,large_fdset=0,crypto/sl=1,h46018=1,h46023=1)
> H323Plus(1.22.0) PTLib(2.8.1) Build(Jan  4 2011, 14:52:24) Sys(XP i586
> (Model=4 Stepping=1) v5..2600))
>
> So far I have used GnuGK v. 2.2.5 and local mysql database. Recently I
> has been forced to use another mysql database running on remote machine.
> Due to authentication incompatibilities I had to upgrade GnuGK.
> Configuration of SQLPasswordAuth section is typical, the same as
> previously (worked perfectly). Now it stopped working. Endpoints get RRJ
> (security denial). GnuGK does not even try to connect to the database (I
> checked using a sniffer, telnet on the remote port succeeds), neither
> during startup, nor after receiving RRQ. Moreover, as GnuGK is started
> as windows service, I am not able to check what is logged on the console
> during startup. Status port (StatusTraceLevel set to 6) does not give
> any information. I also get RRJ when using the old database on localhost.
>
> Am I doing anything wrong? Why does it not work? How to diagnose the
> problem?
>
> Regards,
> Lukasz

Index, Search & Analyze Logs and other IT data in Real-Time with Splunk
Collect, index and harness all the fast moving IT data generated by your
applications, servers and devices whether physical, virtual or in the cloud.
Deliver compliance at lower cost and gain new business insights.
Free Software Download: http://p.sf.net/sfu/splunk-dev2dev