Problem with SQL password authentication - GnuGK 2.3.4

Dear GnuGK Team Members,

I have experienced problems with SQL password authentication in the
2.3.4 version of GnuGK (windows XP).
(Gatekeeper(GNU) Version(2.3.4)
Ext(pthreads=0,radius=1,mysql=1,pgsql=1,firebird=1,odbc=1,sqlite=1,large_fdset=0,crypto/sl=1,h46018=1,h46023=1)
H323Plus(1.22.0) PTLib(2.8.1) Build(Jan  4 2011, 14:52:24) Sys(XP i586
(Model=4 Stepping=1) v5..2600))

So far I have used GnuGK v. 2.2.5 and local mysql database. Recently I
has been forced to use another mysql database running on remote machine.
Due to authentication incompatibilities I had to upgrade GnuGK.
Configuration of SQLPasswordAuth section is typical, the same as
previously (worked perfectly). Now it stopped working. Endpoints get RRJ
(security denial). GnuGK does not even try to connect to the database (I
checked using a sniffer, telnet on the remote port succeeds), neither
during startup, nor after receiving RRQ. Moreover, as GnuGK is started
as windows service, I am not able to check what is logged on the console
during startup. Status port (StatusTraceLevel set to 6) does not give
any information. I also get RRJ when using the old database on localhost.

Am I doing anything wrong? Why does it not work? How to diagnose the
problem?

Regards,
Lukasz

http://p.sf.net/sfu/intel-dev2devfeb