Re: GNU Gatekeeper Survey 2010

Hi,

I would like to thank everybody who took part in the survey, it was
very enlightening to hear all your opinions!

I have posted the results here:
http://www.gnugk.org/survey-2010-results.html

The recent changes in the database drivers are a first reaction to the
high number of people using the executables from gnugk.org and the
extremely low number of people using GnuGk through their Linux
distribution. The loadable drivers should give both of these groups a
better choice which database to use and make life easier for the
maintainers of the executables.

Another interesting result was, that this is the first year where a
majority of GnuGk users used video conferencing. Until now, voice calls
were most popular. It seems video is coming on strong.

I was surprised how little need users see for IPv6 support. I would
have expected many more requests that we get it implemented and stable
before IPv4 addresses run out.

A number of requests were added to the list of feature ideas that we
might want to tackle in the future.
http://www.gnugk.org/new-features.html

I always find this list very inspiring. ;-)

Thanks everyone,
Jan

http://p.sf.net/sfu/novell-sfdev2dev