failover with proxy

Hello,

We have a small VoIP network based on GNUGK and the scenario is like this: our customers are sending the calls in our main gatekeeper (only routed mode, not proxy) from where we route the calls to several gateways in different locations. For some of the gateways we do not have public IPs and they run on private IPs behind NAT (linux servers). So we are running secondary gatekeepers registered to the main gatekeeper in proxy mode on the NAT boxes.

The problem is if two of the gateways behind the proxy gatekeepers are rejecting the calls when there are no more channels available the main gatekeeper (and even the customer gk when they are sending from a gnugk) is not trying another failover route. So, after two proxy reject the call is dropped no matter what other failover routes are available.

I have tested several scenarios with a customer also using a gnugk and when I route the calls to gateways without proxy in front of them the issue does not occur.

We are running GNUGk 2.2.7.

customer gk -> main gk -> proxy gk -> gateway

main gk config:

[RoutedMode]
GKRouted=1
H245Routed=1
CallSignalPort=1720
CallSignalHandlerNumber=9
AcceptNeighborsCalls=1
AcceptUnregisteredCalls=1
RemoveH245AddressOnTunneling=1
RemoveCallOnDRQ=0
DropCallsByReleaseComplete=1
SendReleaseCompleteOnDRQ=1
SupportNATedEndpoints=1
SupportCallingNATedEndpoints=1
ScreenDisplayIE=x2.RO
ScreenSourceAddress=x2.RO
Q931PortRange=30000-30999
H245PortRange=30000-30999
SetupTimeout=9000
SignalTimeout=10000
AlertingTimeout=60000
TranslateFacility=1
ActivateFailover=1
FailoverCauses=1-15,20-127
[Proxy]
Enable=0

[RoutingPolicy]
default=numberanalysis,explicit,internal

[RoutingPolicy::OnARQ]
default=numberanalysis,internal,neighbor

proxy gks config:

[RoutedMode]
GKRouted=1
H245Routed=1
CallSignalPort=1720
CallSignalHandlerNumber=9
AcceptNeighborsCalls=1
AcceptUnregisteredCalls=1
RemoveH245AddressOnTunneling=1
RemoveCallOnDRQ=0
DropCallsByReleaseComplete=1
SendReleaseCompleteOnDRQ=1
SupportNATedEndpoints=1
SupportCallingNATedEndpoints=1
ScreenDisplayIE=x2.RO
ScreenSourceAddress=x2.RO
Q931PortRange=30000-30999
H245PortRange=30000-30999
SetupTimeout=9000
SignalTimeout=10000
AlertingTimeout=60000
TranslateFacility=1
ActivateFailover=1
FailoverCauses=1-15,20-127

[Proxy]
Enable=1
InternalNetwork=192.168.0.0/24

Hope you can help me and sorry if it is an old issue but I did not find anything about this.

Regards,
Alex