Re: Calls to Neighbor endpoints

Jan,

Further to this experiment I did the following to try trick the gnugk....

Used an external endpoint (on the Internet) and called to site2endpoint@_site1gnugk_, and the call is passed to the site2endpoint!

Used the same system and called site1endpoint@_site2gnugk_ and the call is passed to site1endpoint.

Question: Does the site1gnugk hand over the call completely to site2gnugk or does it still proxy the call to its neighbor (site2gnugk) via the VPN?

It would be handy if it could hand over the call completely in some way (and exclude itself from the call) if the two gnugks were neighbors and not connected together by VPN for obvious bandwidth reaons.

But then again why would someone do something stupid like call a site1endpoint@ a site2gnugk??

Interesting experiment nevertheless....

Catchall still works like a charm, I cant seem to create the loop condition you warned me about. Any ideas how I can stress test the gnugk and its neighbor?

Mike

Michael Bondi wrote:
Thanks Jan,

Works like a charm!

The reason for the catchalls is incase parties from outside call to either gnugk, the calls go to a "receptionist". The catchall is specified behind the neighbor.

I'll give it a try and see if I can make the towers fall over....

Jan Willamowius wrote:
Hi Mike,

you shouldn't use the 'catchall' policy to route calls between your
neighbors. Make sure those calls get routed by the 'neighbor' policy,
otherwise you risk a loop.

Check your config, i think you are missing SendPrefix=* between your
neighbors.

Regards,
Jan

Michael Bondi wrote:
Hi all,

I have two gnugks each with their own endpoints registered.

I have a VPN between the gnugks.

I can call from side1endpoint to side2endpoint@gnugk2 and vice versa.

I'd like to neighbor the two gnugks so that side1endpoints can call to side2endpoints without having to specify the @gnugk* as the suffix.

So basically it should all be one large gnugk network with two individual gnugks inside.

I have setup the following at each side respectively:

Side1:

[RoutingPolicy]
default=explicit,internal,parent,neighbor,dns,catchall

[Routing::CatchAll]
CatchAllAlias=123456

[RasSrv::LRQFeatures]
AcceptNonNeighborLRQ=1
NeighborTimeout=1
SendRetries=4
AcceptForwardedLRQ=1

[RasSrv::Neighbors]
HomeGk=GnuGk

[Neighbor::HomeGk]
GatekeeperIdentifier=HomeGk
Host=192.168.2.3
AcceptPrefixes=*

Side2:

[RoutingPolicy]
default=explicit,internal,parent,neighbor,dns,catchall

[Routing::CatchAll]
CatchAllAlias=2222

[RasSrv::LRQFeatures]
AcceptNonNeighborLRQ=1
NeighborTimeout=1
SendRetries=4
AcceptForwardedLRQ=1

[RasSrv::Neighbors]
OfficeGk=GnuGk

[Neighbor::OfficeGk]
GatekeeperIdentifier=OfficeGk
Host=192.168.1.3
AcceptPrefixes=*

When I call from side1endpoint to *side2endpoint or side2endpoint* the call is pushed to the catchall, this makes sense as the call does not complete.

What must I do to get this to work, am I missing something?

Mike

begin:vcard
fn:Michael Bondi
n:Bondi;Michael