Re: Calls to Neighbor endpoints

Thanks Jan,

Works like a charm!

The reason for the catchalls is incase parties from outside call to either gnugk, the calls go to a "receptionist". The catchall is specified behind the neighbor.

I'll give it a try and see if I can make the towers fall over....

Jan Willamowius wrote:
Hi Mike,

you shouldn't use the 'catchall' policy to route calls between your
neighbors. Make sure those calls get routed by the 'neighbor' policy,
otherwise you risk a loop.

Check your config, i think you are missing SendPrefix=* between your
neighbors.

Regards,
Jan

Michael Bondi wrote:
Hi all,

I have two gnugks each with their own endpoints registered.

I have a VPN between the gnugks.

I can call from side1endpoint to side2endpoint@gnugk2 and vice versa.

I'd like to neighbor the two gnugks so that side1endpoints can call to side2endpoints without having to specify the @gnugk* as the suffix.

So basically it should all be one large gnugk network with two individual gnugks inside.

I have setup the following at each side respectively:

Side1:

[RoutingPolicy]
default=explicit,internal,parent,neighbor,dns,catchall

[Routing::CatchAll]
CatchAllAlias=123456

[RasSrv::LRQFeatures]
AcceptNonNeighborLRQ=1
NeighborTimeout=1
SendRetries=4
AcceptForwardedLRQ=1

[RasSrv::Neighbors]
HomeGk=GnuGk

[Neighbor::HomeGk]
GatekeeperIdentifier=HomeGk
Host=192.168.2.3
AcceptPrefixes=*

Side2:

[RoutingPolicy]
default=explicit,internal,parent,neighbor,dns,catchall

[Routing::CatchAll]
CatchAllAlias=2222

[RasSrv::LRQFeatures]
AcceptNonNeighborLRQ=1
NeighborTimeout=1
SendRetries=4
AcceptForwardedLRQ=1

[RasSrv::Neighbors]
OfficeGk=GnuGk

[Neighbor::OfficeGk]
GatekeeperIdentifier=OfficeGk
Host=192.168.1.3
AcceptPrefixes=*

When I call from side1endpoint to *side2endpoint or side2endpoint* the call is pushed to the catchall, this makes sense as the call does not complete.

What must I do to get this to work, am I missing something?

Mike

begin:vcard
fn:Michael Bondi
n:Bondi;Michael