Re: Test the upcoming GNU Gatekeeper 2.3.2!

Jan;

Certainly willing to help out here, can you tell us what if anything
special is needed to build a debug executable?  I use the instructions
on the GNU/GK web page to build from CVS, the instructions for Ubuntu
(but I use Debian).

Thanks
  Andrew

Jan Willamowius wrote:
> Hi Yuriy,
>
> we both looked for a Radius leak a few months ago and couldn't locate
> one, so I would need a much more detailed report how to replicate the
> leak.
>
> Actually anybody using GnuGk can run a check for memory leaks:
> There is a tool called 'Valgrind' and its included with most Linux
> distributions. Simply compile a GnuGk debug executable and instead of
> running it as always "gnugk -c file.ini -t", you run it under Valgrind:
> "valgrind --log-file=vg.log --leak-check=yes gnugk -c file.ini -t"
>
> The you use GnuGk as usual and try to make all different sorts of calls
> that might produce a memory leak. After shutting GnuGk down (eg.
> with Ctrl-C), vg.log will contain a report with leaks. There will be a
> few harmless things, like memory allocated on startup and never
> released, but if you managed to trigger a real leak, it will be there,
> too, along the source line that allocated it.
>
> The only downside is that Valgrind will reduce performance
> dramatically, so you probably can't use this in a production
> environment.
>
> Regards,
> Jan
>

> Georgiewskiy Yuriy wrote:
>
>> Hi.
>>
>> There is memory leak steel exist somethere in radius support part.

Download Intel® Parallel Studio Eval
http://p.sf.net/sfu/intel-sw-dev