Re: ModeSelection compatibility with other GK settings

Hi Dennis,

I agree with the first item, that the H245Routed setting should be
considered when we insert the implied rules for the internal networks.
I've added patch similar to yours into the CVS.

I'm not so sure with the 2nd item:
The ModeSelection rules allow a much more fine grained setting than the
old settings based on detected or configured internal networks.
If one want to override settings for detected internal networks with
ModeSelection rules, those should be applied regardless whether the
networks were detected as internal or not. .fromExternal here means "not
from within the netmask of this rule".
As a result, if you use any ModeSelection rules, you probably should
specify rules for all your networks and not rely on the other settings.

I would fully agree that the settings and their interactions are
getting pretty confusing. I think I would prefer to remove most of
the old switched and only use ModeSelection, but removing old options
isn't very popular with most users who just want to upgrade their
gatekeeper version. ;-)

Regards,
Jan