From: Stuart Thackray [mailto:stuart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, 1 December 2009 9:08 PM
To: GNU Gatekeeper Users
Subject: Re:  Sending full URI in LRQ

Thanks Jan

I'll look forward to it.

I have managed to make calls by putting the client in as a neighbor.

Quite a few people use H323 IDs in full uri format to enable interworking
with SIP.

Regards
Stuart

Jan Willamowius wrote:
> Hi Stuart,
>
> right now there is no such switch. If GnuGk knows the gatekeeper it
> sends the LRQ to handles the domain (in this case from the SRV
> record), it will simplify the URI and only send the alias part.
>
> We should either add a switch to leave the URI intact or introduce a
> new neighbor type Tandberg for the next release.
>
> Regards,
> Jan
>

> Stuart Thackray wrote:
>
>> I have set up a GNUGK in my office based on the uri.ini configuration
file.

>> This works fine for incoming calls based on srv records when I dial
>> from a client using a Tandberg Expressway.
>>
>> When I dial back to the client using srv the lookup works fine and
>> the LRQ is sent but immediately rejected by the expressway as not
>> registered.  Looking at the logs I am only sending the first part of
>> the uri in the LRQ (ie fred.flintstone not fred.flintstone@xxxxxxxxxx).
>> Since the return calls come with the full domain in the LRQ I suspect
>> that the far end is not configured to add the domain if necessary.
>>
>> Can I configure GnuGK to send the full domain in the LRQ.
>>
>> Thanks

Join us December 9, 2009 for the Red Hat Virtual Experience, a free event
focused on virtualization and cloud computing.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/redhat-sfdev2dev

http://p.sf.net/sfu/redhat-sfdev2dev