Re: MD5 tokens

Hi,

yes, you should be concerned about it, thats why I put it on the page.

When the gatekeeper exchanges passwords with an endpoint or another
gatekeeper, usually only a has (a 'check-sum') of the password is
transported as an MD5 token. If both sides calculate the MD5 token the
same way, they can compare the tokens and know if the password was
correct.

PTLib broke the way these tokens are calculated at a certain version.
Starting with H323Plus 1.22 and PTLib 2.7.1 there is a way for GnuGk to
work around this bug.

Interestingly, the way the MD5 hash is calculated is not defined by the
H.235 standard as most people expect, but an old 'industry standard'.
But everybody has to stick to it anyway. ;-)

Regards,
Jan