Re: Direct Media (H.460.18/.19/.23/.24) Testing

On 2009-10-21 21:17 +1000, Simon Horne wrote 'GNU Gatekeeper Users':

may be offtopic, but i known Simon is developer of h323plus, we are developing
h323 endpoint module for freeswitch, it based on h323plus library, actually we
use it only for signaling part, rtp is handled by freeswitch rtp stack and we
have 2 questions about h323plus.

First - src/h323.cxx 1911 line

  // Check for fastStart data and start fast
  /*  Commented out as MIRA gatekeepers send fast start in call proceeding then
      decide to send a different one in either Alert,Progress or Connect and has assumed
              you have ignored the one in the CallProceeding.. Very Frustrating - S.H.
	       if (call.HasOptionalField(H225_CallProceeding_UUIE::e_fastStart))
	           HandleFastStartAcknowledge(call.m_fastStart);
   */

is it steel actual? with this comment we not handle faststart in callproceeding, or any
reason to not handle it? i known MERA, aka MVTS, but don't hear about MIRA, and google
seems too.

Second about codec - H245_AudioCapability class cannnot handle all codecs what wee
need, for exmaple g726,iLbc,etc... We see there 2 way to handle this codecs 1 - extend
H245_AudioCapability calls to handle it, but in this way we modify code of library,
2 - write some kinde of stub plugin for each codec what we need. we think what extend
H245_AudioCapability is cleaner way then write stub plugin, for example gnugk can print
this codecs in codec var too instead of "Unknown", but we wont known is such changes can
be incorporated in upstream? Or may be there another cleaner way to do this?

C уважением                       With Best Regards
Георгиевский Юрий.                Georgiewskiy Yuriy
+7 4872 711666                    +7 4872 711666
факс +7 4872 711143               fax +7 4872 711143
Компания ООО "Ай Ти Сервис"       IT Service Ltd
http://nkoort.ru                  http://nkoort.ru
JID: GHhost@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx JID: GHhost@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
YG129-RIPE                        YG129-RIPE
http://p.sf.net/sfu/devconference