Re: [h323plus] Direct Media andH.460.18/.19/.23/.24/24a

Marcus

The STUN entries in the gatekeeper INI can be multiple entries such as
H46023STUN=stun.site1.net,stun.site2.net,stun.site3.net

However at the moment GnuGk will only assign one per network segment so if
you have 2 networks connected to the gatekeeper then it will assign one
(auto-detect) for each network (and ignore the rest). Now the H.460.23
standard only allows the transmission of one address for STUN (ok shoot me!
:)). That does not mean that the gatekeeper can select from a list (not
implemented) or send a DNS SRV address (_stun._udp) to furnish the endpoint
with a range of STUN servers to test with (not implemented in h323plus).
Both can be implemented. I will certainly do the later in h323plus. There is
no reason the gatekeeper can't do a database dip or load balance when
assigning STUN server or some other mechanism.

Whether a STUN server in integrated into GnuGk is a decision for Jan.

Simon