Re: How are inbound calls routed?

Simon

I have a successful gnugk accepting external calls to extension@xxxxxxxxxxx and passing them to the correct internal extension.

I'd like to have all calls to gnugkip.com be sent to a particular extension, but I am unsure how to do this.

This is so that if anyone out there that has not had experience with E.164 addresses can reach my main system easily.

I would appreciate any pointers.

Mike

Simon Horne wrote:
Robert
Whether you can call 12345@xxxxxxx is up to the endpoint you are using. If
you are you using a openH323/H323plus based endpoint then yes it will work
but that is not to say it will work for commercial endpoints.
Also to enable you must set:
[RoutedMode]
AcceptUnregisteredCalls=1

If you want to provide NAT support for these callers
SupportNATedEndpoints=1

You may also need to set TreatUnregisteredNAT=1
As GnuGk sometimes cannot autodetect whether an unregistered caller is NAT
or not. This will proxy all media.

Note the default notation for GnuGk is 12345@xxxxxxx:1721 as default call
signal port is 1721. When you call, the endpoint will call user 12345 by
sending a setup message to 1.2.3.4 on TCP 1721.
Use simple (h323plus website) or MyPhone2 to test.

Simon