How often the config is read by the GK

Hello,

So far I know the GK reads the config file each time it is started and
reloaded, if that is case then the config file can be removed or
renamed from it's location also from the /tmp folder. I would like to
know if this is the case or if there are some point when config is
regularly read for specific events.

Thanks

Sayeed