Re: Compile issues, Ubuntu 9.04. Can't compile h323plus CVS

Robert Kulagowski wrote:
> Jan Willamowius wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I think I posted that a couple of weeks ago to the list, but anyway:
> > GnuGk inherits a great deal of it's build process from H323Plus and
> > PTLib (it includes parts of their Makefiles), thus we can't easily have
> > more obvious build targets like 'make' and 'make debug'.
> >
> > 'make optnoshared' builds an optimized executable that doesn't use
> > shared libraries for H323Plus and PTLib (but system libs are shared).
> > A plain 'make' will compile bothn a debug and and an optimized
> > executable, both with shared libraries, which is usually more pain than
> > gain.
> >
> > There are a lot of other targets we inherit. One of them is 'make
> > install' which I would avoid on all 3 parts (GnuGk, H323Plus and PTLib).
> >
> > The most important thing is to compile all 3 parts with the same
> > target. You can't compile gnugk 'make optnoshared' after you have
> > compiled PTLib with 'make' or 'make opt'.
> >
> > For regular users I would suggest to compile everything with 'make
> > optnoshared" and nothing else.
>
> OK, so the "make install" failure of ptlib should be worked around by
> what?  Just moving the libpt_s.a (or whatever it's called) I'm not in
> front of the box at the moment) to /usr/local/lib ?

If you compile with 'make optnoshared', there is no need to install
PTlib at all. H323Plus and GnuGk will find it through PTLIBDIR and
thats it.
If you really need to compile debug libs, you can copy them by hand into
and lib dir.

Regards,
Jan