Re: Compile issues, Ubuntu 9.04. Can't compile h323plus CVS

Hi,

I think I posted that a couple of weeks ago to the list, but anyway:
GnuGk inherits a great deal of it's build process from H323Plus and
PTLib (it includes parts of their Makefiles), thus we can't easily have
more obvious build targets like 'make' and 'make debug'.

'make optnoshared' builds an optimized executable that doesn't use
shared libraries for H323Plus and PTLib (but system libs are shared).
A plain 'make' will compile bothn a debug and and an optimized
executable, both with shared libraries, which is usually more pain than
gain.

There are a lot of other targets we inherit. One of them is 'make
install' which I would avoid on all 3 parts (GnuGk, H323Plus and PTLib).

The most important thing is to compile all 3 parts with the same
target. You can't compile gnugk 'make optnoshared' after you have
compiled PTLib with 'make' or 'make opt'.

For regular users I would suggest to compile everything with 'make
optnoshared" and nothing else.

Regards,
Jan