Re: gnguk modes

Here is roughly how proxy works.

You must enable the proxy otherwise NO calls are proxied. By setting
ProxyAlways then all calls are proxied.

If you do not want all calls to be proxied then GnuGk will only proxy IF
1. both parties are on different network segments (ie registered on
different Network cards/Masks) This is done by looking at the computers
route table and deciding the parties cannot reach eachother directly OR
2. If at least one party has been detected as being behind a NAT/FW.

Calling from EP behind a NAT should always work if you set
SupportNATedEndpoints=1

Calling to a NAT EP will only work if
1. you set SupportNATedEndpoints=1 AND
2. at a minimum you have port forwarded 1720 in you router OR
3. You are using GnuGk NAT method which the endpoint must support and
SupportCallingNATedEndpoints=1 must be set OR
4. You are using H.460.18/.19 (and compiled GnuGk with it) which the
endpoint must support and EnableH46018=1 must be set.

If you are using a H.323 ALG in your router calls are not proxied.
If you are using STUN then calls are not proxied.
Port forwarding in your router will proxy.

Simon